Nīkau 2026
| GKarangatia rā Call to them Hi aue hi (tama mā) Karangatia rā Call to them Hi aue hi (tama mā) DPōhiritia ra! Welcome Ngā iwi Go te motu! the tribes of the land Ngā mano Ctini All you multitudes GHaere mai! Welcome He hui Daroha A gathering of love mō koutou Ge ngā iwi for all of you people Ngau nei Cte aroha Within us gnaws the DMe te Gmamae. feeling of love & pain G Haere mai, Haere mai Welcome C Haere mai haere mai e ngā iwi e Welcome to the people G Haere mai Welcome D G Ki runga o te marae to this marae Hui Dmai Ctātou Dkatoa Gather us all E hine Gmā (E hine mā) young women E tama mā (E tama mā) young men Hapainga Co te mana kura Be Uplift high the honour of our school GKia rewa runga Drawa, (aue) I a ha Ghā E ngā iwi De All the people Haere mai, haere mai x 2 Welcome Ngā Tama:(Tahi Rua Toru Wha, Hi aue Hi) Talia: Our second item is a poi to 'E minaka ana" Ariah: Kia rite, (all girls turn to the right. Front row girls go to the back. Next two rows come forward and turn Ariah: Ki raro (front two rows go down) Ki te poi Waiata-a-ringa then Poi
|
Koda- Taringa whakarongo,
Hawke- kia rite, kia rite
Katoa: Tēnei te tangata Pu hūru hūru
Nāna i tiki mai whakawhiti te rā
Ā Upane Ā Kaupane
Ā Upane Ā Kaupane
Whiti te rā!
Keelan: Tūkaha,
When Ka pioioi e starts , tama mā walk back and kōtiro mā walk forward
Ka pioioi e tohu aroha haukāinga
This swaying dance shows the love of your home-town people.
E hoki mai rā Kia kite atu i tō iwi e.
You've come back home, to see your people.
E rotarota ana E katakata ana mai rā.
There is gesturing and laughing with joy at your return,
Pūkana whetero mai I te ihi ā ō mātua.
Eyes popping and tongues thrusting from the energy of those performing.
Kia kite atu ano i tō ataahua ai panapana
I see again your beauty gleaming there
Pupuhi ai e te hau Kapohia āku roimata.
caressed by the wind, my tears are snatched away.
Ka pioioi he tohu aroha haukāinga. 2x
This fluttering dance shows your home-town people's love.
Hawke: Our last item is our 'Pride' song with a few more verses from our Nīkau Production.
P.R.I.D.E.
Verse 1
Young students, there's a place you can go,
At Parkvale, there's so much you can know
Work together, always giving your best,
Showing kindness, we're ahead of the rest.
You can learn, every single day,
With a smile, in your own special way.
When you try, and you never give in,
That's when all of the learning begins!
Chorus
It's fun to spell P.R.I.D.E.!
It's the way we learn every day!
P.R.I.D.E.!
Helping others on the way!
P.R.I.D.E.!
Come on everybody and say,
P.R.I.D.E.!
We live our values every day!
Verse 2
P is for Personal Best each day,
Giving effort in every way.
R means Respect and Responsibility
Looking after you and me.
I is Integrity, honest and true,
Doing what's right in all that you do.
D is Determination, don't give in,
Keep on trying, you're sure to win!
E is for Enjoyment, every day,
Having fun while we work and play.
Together we are proud and strong,
Living P.R.I.D.E. the whole year long!
Comments
Post a Comment